Description - The Northern Lights Energy Alumni Networking community enables professionals to network online in a password protected environment. Certain areas are secured and only registered users with a valid password may access them. Members must be 18 years of age or older. Unless otherwise indicated, the BP Alaska Alumni networking community is not affiliated in any way with any employer or sponsoring organization.
Privacy Commitment - The Alumni Network is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe, secure user experience. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is used only for the purposes as set forth herein. To fulfill our commitment to you, we have adopted the following policies:
- If your Email address changes, access your member profile and update the address to ensure password integrity. Each member is responsible for maintaining the security of their password, and for protecting its security outside the BP Alaska Networking website. Under no circumstances will the Energy Alumni Network or Alumni Consulting Services, Inc. be responsible for any damage, injury, or loss of any kind arising from or related to unauthorized use of a member's password where the Network and/or ACS did not cause that unauthorized use.
- The content on the BP Alaska Network will not be sold, leased, or otherwise distributed to third parties without that member's permission.
- The website is not intended for use as a mass mailing list. Members may contact one another through the Message feature, and emails remain confidential until an individual chooses to respond to a message.
- The Energy Alumni Network dba Alumni Consulting Services Inc. (ACS) reserves the right to change the site's search capabilities, features and terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice. ACS reserves the right to edit or amend content which is considered unprofessional or in some way harmful or distasteful.
- We gather and retain information about members in order to determine which features of the site are most beneficial for our users, and to help us understand how we can create a better member experience. For example, we are interested in measuring the areas visited most frequently and what services are accessed most often.
Content & Monitoring - To enrich the networking experience, we may keep track of member activity during visits, and we require that such activity does not misuse the site. In support of this:
- We do not disclose information about your individual visits to the Networking website. We do not disclose personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, etc., to any outside parties, except with your permission or as required by law.
- AWS reserves the right to inspect all traffic on the BP Alaska website, but does not routinely monitor traffic. At our absolute discretion, we will remove/alter any emails/messages/site content which we consider unacceptable. ACS will not be responsible for any damage, injury, harm, or loss of any kind arising out of the authorized or legally required disclosure of information to third parties.
- You may not create any emails/messages/site content which could be illegal or harmful/offensive to others. You may not use the site to transmit any unsolicited advertising, "junk mail", "spam", or "chain letters". In case of any doubt, advice may be sought from email@example.com.
Limitation of Liability - While ACS attempts to ensure the eligibility of its members prior to their access, ACS makes no guarantees to the accuracy or the validity of the information posted by its members or recruiters on the ACS website. Under no circumstances will ACS be responsible for any damage, injury, harm, or loss arising out of or related in any way to any information or advertising posted on the ACS website by members, recruiters, employers, or any other party.
Advertising - ACS uses various methods of online advertising including but not limited to banner advertisements. These advertisements may be targeted towards a group of individuals based on user-entered information such as, but not limited to, employment status and employer or organizational affiliation. ACS will not provide information about any individual user to any advertiser. ACS may, however, provide aggregate usage and demographic data to advertisers to understand viewing totals. AWS is not responsible or liable for the accuracy of advertising statements.
Membership - ACS reserves the right to modify, remove or refuse membership at its discretion.
Newsletter and Communications - ACS produces an electronic newsletter and other electronic communications. Upon registering, ACS will subscribe you to the electronic newsletter mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time. The electronic newsletter and other electronic mailings will be a public feature. However, links to the password protected areas of the Alumni website will only be accessible with a user name and password. Those electing to receive the electronic newsletter will also be included in other electronic mailings from time to time. These may be commercial solicitations, employment opportunities from client companies or other electronic mailings which ACS deems appropriate.
Copyright - All content on the Alumni website is copyrighted by ACS and remains the exclusive property of ACS. All information placed on the BP Alaska Alumni website by members and employers becomes the property of ACS. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible through the site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, advice may be sought from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Marks - Alumni In Touch, Who's Doing What? and Reunion Hall are all service marks of ACS.